Draw Your Object! An Exhibition Art Contest
Be inspired by our newest exhibition, 101 Objects: The Collection, and share an object that you hold dear!
Humans collect objects throughout our lives that have a special meaning to us. We want to see and hear about your objects with a new draw contest! It’s simple, draw your favorite object using whatever materials you have available and tell us the object’s story in a paragraph or less. Ages 18 and under are eligible to enter. Register online at the link below. All submissions are due by 5 pm Sunday, March 7, 2021*.
The contest will have one winner from each age group and an overall grand prize winner. One or more members of the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s curatorial staff will serve as the contest’s judges. Winners will be asked to bring their works into the Museum for display. All the pieces will be displayed at the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
Register online now - click here.
5 and under
*Subject to change due to COVID-19
$5 submission fee per entry
If submitting as a school classroom or homeschool group, email email@example.com to register without a fee and receive a Dropbox link to upload images.
One entry per person. Once entered, email a photograph of the drawing, a photo of the object, and your story of the object to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists may get assistance writing their story by telling their story to the person assisting them with the submission. All entries must have the following info completed and turned in digitally to be accepted. Physical submissions will not be accepted, please do not mail a physical copy to the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
Participant First & Last Name
Address (street, city, state, postal code, country)
Title of Work
A paragraph or less telling the story of the drawing of your piece (Artists that cannot write may dictate their story to the person assisting them with the submission)
Drawings must be original, authentic, unpublished, the sole property and work of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest. Drawings must be 11 x 14 inches or smaller to qualify. Drawing may be in any medium on paper, crayon, pen, pencil, colored pencil, marker, etc.
The grand champion and winners from each age category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. The grand champion will also receive a $10 Museum Store gift card.
- Contest Eligibility | All contestants must reside in Illinois. This contest is created for participants ages 18 and under. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
- Contest Entry Closing Date | The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due by 5 pm Sunday, March 7, 2021. Date is subject to change due to current health crisis.
- Selection of Winners | Judging will take place by one or more members of the museum’s curatorial staff, two weeks following the close of the contest. One entry will be selected for first place in each age category and a grand champion for a total of 5 winners. One additional winner may be selected by a viewer's choice selection if/when the pieces are displayed in the gallery via QR Code voting. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address provided to submit the photo or an email address provided by the entrant. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page along with email.
- Probability of Winning | The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
- No Substitutions by Winners | Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
- Decisions Final | All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
- No Liability | PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
- Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
- Picking Up Entries | Entrants must be picked up between Tuesday, May 18 – Sunday, May 30, 2021.
- Consent to Use | By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
- Applicable Laws | This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
- Personal Information | The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.