To enter the art contest, participants must create a picture of their choice which depicts an aspect of Illinois History, Abraham Lincoln, or Peoria History. Entries should be 8.5” x 11” and can be made with ink, pencil, paint, crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Only physical copies of the entries will be accepted, photographs of the artwork will not be accepted. This contest runs until February 10th, 2018.
There will be four categories:
Each category will have a first, second, and third prize winner (with a total of 12 winners). All first, second, and third prize winners will have their artwork displayed at the museum from February 17th –June 3rd. First, second, and third prize winners for each category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. First prize winners will also receive a $15 credit to use toward any museum class. All contest entries will be posted onto the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Facebook page, and all entries will receive a Peoria Riverfront Museum coloring book and a Sculpture Walk coloring book. The coloring books will be given to each child upon entry. Limit one entry per participant.
Be sure to include the child's name and age, plus a parent or guardian's street address, phone number, and e-mail address so that winners may be notified. Contestants that are 18 years old may include their own address, phone number, and email address.
All entries should be mailed or delivered to the front desk of the museum before 5:00pm on February 10th.
Peoria Riverfront Museum
222 SW Washington St.
Peoria, IL 61602
1. Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants between the ages of 4 and 17 must be entered by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older to participate in this contest. Contestants who are 18, may enter themselves into the contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes mother, father, brother, sister, spouse, and child.
2. Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date is February 10th. All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 10th.
3. Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) during the week of February 12th-17th. One entry will be selected for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place in each division for a total of 12 winners, and the names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address included on the winning entries. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page on February 17th.
4. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
5. No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
6. Decisions Final: All decisions made by PRM with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
7. No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
8. Entry Pick Up: Non-winning entries may be picked up after February 17th at the ticket desk. Winning entries may be picked up after June 3rd at the ticket desk. Any entry not picked up two weeks after the pickup date, will be discarded.
9. Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
10. Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
11. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
12. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.