Would you like your artwork displayed in an exhibition at the Peoria Riverfront Museum? Here is your chance!
To download a flyer with this info - click here.
Kid's Moon Art Contest Overview
To enter, create an original piece of Moon art. Only entries that are unframed and on size 8.5''x11'' or smaller paper will be accepted. Mediums accepted include: drawings, paintings, collages, and photographs. One or more members of Peoria Riverfront Museum’s curatorial staff will judge all contest entries. Only physical copies of the entries will be accepted. All submissions are due by 5 pm on Friday, September 13, 2019.
1st Connor Neubauer
2nd Charlotte Valerio
3rd Sofía Isabel Chambers
1st Jingyan Lu
2nd Derek Smith
3rd Samuel Alexander Mitchell
1st Johnathan Ricci
2nd Annalise Ricci
3rd Leah Ricci
1st Alexander Frank
2nd Christine Ricci
Each category will have a first, second, and third prize winner. There will also be a grand champion, regardless of age category (with a total of 13 winners). The grand champion, and all first, second, and third winners will have their artwork displayed at the museum from September 22-November 10 to accompany the museum’s fall exhibition, MOON.
All entries must have the following info completed on a separate piece of paper to be accepted.
• Child's Name
• A parent or guardian's street address
• Phone number
• E-mail address to notify winners
• Artwork must be an original Moon artwork
• Unframed 8.5''x11'' size paper
• Drawings, paintings, collages, photographs
• Only physical copies of the entries will be accepted
Attn: Education Department
Peoria Riverfront Museum
222 SW Washington Street
Peoria, IL 61602
First, second, and third prize winners for each category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. First prize winners will also receive a $15 credit to use toward any museum class. All contest entries will be posted on the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Facebook page, and all entries will receive a Peoria Riverfront Museum coloring book and a Sculpture Walk coloring book. Limit one entry per child.
Art Contest Rules
1. Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants between the ages of 4 and 17 must be entered by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older to participate in this contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
4. Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due is 5 pm on Friday, September 13, 2019.
5. Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by one or more members of Peoria Riverfront Museum’s curatorial staff between September 14-21. One entry will be selected for first place, second place, and third place in each division, and a grand champion for a total of 13 winners. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address included on the back of the winning entries. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page on September 22 at the latest.
6. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
7. No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
8. Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
9. No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
10. Entry Pick Up: Non-winning entries must be picked up between Tuesday, September 24-Tuesday, October 29 at the ticket desk. Winning entries may be picked up between Tuesday, November 12-26 at the ticket desk. Any entry not picked up two weeks after the pickup date, will be discarded.
11. Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
12. Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
13. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
14. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.