Peoria Riverfront Museum offers a variety of benefits including a team-oriented environment, health, dental and vision insurance, 403b/Roth option with employer match, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, free employee parking, an array of museum discounts and a competitive time-off program.
Click here to email cover letter and résumé (pdf or MSWord doc accepted) and samples (if relevant).
Or mail to:
Peoria Riverfront Museum
222 SW Washington St.
Peoria, IL 61602
Our Visitor Services Associates are responsible for providing outstanding visitor services in the Front of House areas (Front Desk, Admission/Ticket Sales, Concessions, Museum Store, Gallery Attending, and Facility/Event Host)
Hours: Part-Time; 9:30am - 5:30p - Tuesday through Sunday; weekend and evening hours are available depending on the Museum's Facility Schedule
• Front Desk – Provide up to date information to visitors; sell admissions, theater tickets, memberships, and Museum programs and events; Maintain the White Board of daily offerings; Make sure that all brochure racks are well-stocked
• Concessions & Giant Screen Theater – Prepare and sell Concessions products; Sell and collect admission tickets and passes from patrons at theater events; Maintain clean supply of 3D glasses; Clean theater between movies; Assist patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights if necessary
• Museum Store – Provide retail point of sale services to Museum Store customers; restock merchandise and dust shelves; provide information on Museum Store merchandise; write Staff Product Reviews
• Gallery Attendant – Ensure that all gallery visitors are wearing proper admission stickers or wristbands; maintain cleanliness and order for children play areas; ensure the safety and security of Museum visitors, objects and exhibitions; Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
• Event & Facility Host – Assist the Facilities Staff and Development Staff with table and chair set-ups for both internal Museum programs and rental events, as well as potentially serving as a host during the event.
• General Information - Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the exhibits, programs and
If you'd like to submit an application to be considered for other openings in the future, we'll be happy to accept it. We save applications for 6 months. Thank you.
Peoria Riverfront Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.