Be inspired by our newest exhibition, “GUITAR: The Instrument that Rocked the World,” and get ready to let your inner star shine through your own design!
CONTEST WINNERS |
Overall Grand Prize Winner
John Spicer (Washington, IL)
"Upcycled, Right-Handed Special"
100% Reclaimed Materials [walnut fireplace mantle, maple inlays and trim from a kitchen table leaf, electronics & hardware from broken Epiphone Les Paul, Zero fret/Nut created from circular saw wrench]
Eleanor McCoy (O'Fallon, IL)
This guitar is my grandpa's first guitar, and I'm fixing it. I picked the colors and painted it myself.
Ages 18+ Winner
Nancy McCoy (Chester, IL)
I created my guitar from a recycled cardboard template covered with interwoven political mailings, also recycled.
There were no entries for the following categories: Ages 5 & Under, Ages 10-14, and Ages 15-17.
To enter, register online and drop off your unique guitar at the front desk. Only one entry allowed per person. One or more members of the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s curatorial staff will serve as the contest’s judges.
All submissions were due by 5 pm Sunday, November 8, 2020*.
The contest will have one winner from each age group and an overall grand prize winner. All the pieces will be displayed at the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
- 5 and under
*Subject to change due to COVID-19
One entry per person. $5 submission fee. Once the fee is paid, drop off your submission to the Museum’s Ticket Desk. All entries must have the following info completed and turned in with the guitar to be accepted. Physical copies will not be accepted, please do not mail a physical copy to the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
- Photograph of participant with designed guitar
- First + Last Name
- Address (street, city, state, postal code, country)
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- Caption explaining your entry
Guitar designs must be original, authentic, unpublished, taken or created by the entrant, the sole property and work of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest. The guitar you create doesn’t have to be playable. Any material may be used, found objects and recyclable materials are encouraged!
The grand champion, viewer’s choice, and winners from each age category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater, and a ‘Year of the Guitar' guitar pick. The grand champion will also receive a $30 Museum Store gift card, and the other category winners a $10 Museum Store gift card.
- Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants can be any age to participate in this contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
- Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due by 5 pm Sunday, November 8, 2020. Date is subject to change due to current health crisis.
- Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by one or more members of the museum’s curatorial staff, two weeks following the close of the contest. One entry will be selected for first place in each age category and a grand champion for a total of 6 winners. One additional winner will be selected by a viewer's choice selection once the pieces are displayed in the gallery via QR Code voting. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address that was used to submit the photo or an email address provided by the entrant. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page.
- Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
- No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
- Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
- No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
- Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
- Picking Up Entries: Entrants must pick up entries between 10 am on Wednesday, January 13 at 10 am - 5 pm on Sunday, January 24, 2021.
- Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
- Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
- Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.