Announcing the winners of the Mythic Creatures Art Contest!
The winners have been contacted and we thank you all for participating. This was an outstanding turnout, be on the lookout for our next contest! Artwork not being displayed will be held at the ticket desk for pickup until July 6, at 5 pm.
1st Charlotte Smith
2nd Stella Rennette
3rd Solomon Mattern
1st Sebastian Mattern
2nd Lydia Day
3rd Gefen Eades
1st Isha Gollapudi
2nd Rachel Messacar
3rd Audrey Hellinga
1st Juniper Adams
2nd Catherine Mattern
3rd Makayla Clark
Judging will be done among four categories.
Each category will have a first, second, and third prize winner. There will also be a grand champion, regardless of age category (with a total of 13 winners). The grand champion, and all first, second, and third winners will have their artwork displayed at the museum from June 23-September 30 to accompany the museum’s summer exhibition, Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns & Mermaids.
First, second, and third prize winners for each category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. First prize winners will also receive a $15 credit to use toward any museum class. All contest entries will be posted on the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Facebook page, and all entries will receive a Peoria Riverfront Museum coloring book and a Sculpture Walk coloring book. Limit one entry per child.
On the back of the paper, please include the following: child's name, age, a parent or guardian's street address, phone number, and e-mail address to notify winners. Contestants age 18 year old may include their own address, phone number, and email address.
All entries should be mailed or delivered to the front desk of the museum before 5 pm on June 8, 2018.
Attn: Education Department
Peoria Riverfront Museum
222 SW Washington Street
Peoria, IL 61602
1. Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants between the ages of 4 and 17 must be entered by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older to participate in this contest. Contestants who are 18, may enter themselves into the contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
4. Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due is 5 pm on Friday, June 8, 2018.
5. Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Curator, Bill Conger, during the week of June 11-15. One entry will be selected for first place, second place, and third place in each division, and a grand champion for a total of 13 winners. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address included on the back of the winning entries. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page on June 18.
6. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
7. No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
8. Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
9. No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
10. Entry Pick Up: Non-winning entries may be picked up after Friday, June 15 at the ticket desk. Winning entries may be picked starting on Tuesday, October 2 at the ticket desk. Any entry not picked up two weeks after the pickup date, will be discarded.
11. Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
12. Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
13. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
14. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.