To download a flyer with this info - click here.
To enter, create an original cartoon piece of art. Only entries that are unframed and on size 8.5''x11'' paper will be accepted. Materials allowed include: ink, pencil, paint, crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Museum Curator, Bill Conger will serve as the contest’s judge. Only physical copies of the entries will be accepted, photographs of the artwork will not be accepted.
1st Audrey Hellinga
2nd Elizabeth Olar
3rd Isabella Wilson
1st Annalise Ricci
2nd Mia Williams
3rd Eila Brian
1st Josephine Kroll
2nd Lydia Day
3rd Catherine Tomlins
1st Alex Wang
2nd Olivia Langhoff
3rd Daniel Ricci
Each category will have a first, second, and third prize winner. There will also be a grand champion, regardless of age category (with a total of 13 winners). The grand champion, and all first, second, and third winners will have their artwork displayed at the museum from October 20-January 13 to accompany the museum’s fall exhibition, The Golden Age of Disney: The Collection of Steve Spain .
All entries must have the following info completed on a separate piece of paper to be accepted. Contestants age 18 years old may include their own address, phone number, and/or email address.
Attn: Education Department
Peoria Riverfront Museum
222 SW Washington Street
Peoria, IL 61602
First, second, and third prize winners for each category will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. First prize winners will also receive a $15 credit to use toward any museum class. All contest entries will be posted on the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Facebook page, and all entries will receive a Peoria Riverfront Museum coloring book and a Sculpture Walk coloring book. Limit one entry per child.
1. Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants between the ages of 4 and 17 must be entered by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older to participate in this contest. Contestants who are 18 years of age may enter themselves into the contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
4. Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due is 5 pm on Friday, October 19, 2018.
5. Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Curator, Bill Conger, between October 19-22. One entry will be selected for first place, second place, and third place in each division, and a grand champion for a total of 13 winners. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address included on the back of the winning entries. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page on October 22 at the latest.
6. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
7. No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
8. Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
9. No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
10. Entry Pick Up: Non-winning entries must be picked up between Tuesday, October 23-Tuesdays, November 6 at the ticket desk. Winning entries may be picked up between Tuesday, January 15-29 at the ticket desk. Any entry not picked up two weeks after the pickup date, will be discarded.
11. Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
12. Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
13. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
14. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.