Would you like your artwork displayed by the Peoria Riverfront Museum? Here is your chance!
To download a flyer with this info - click here
Registration fee - click here.
Wildlife + Nature Photography Contest Overview
To enter, photograph wildlife or nature with your camera of choice. Only digital entries will be accepted, it should be digitally sized to print at 8x10 without cropping. One or more members of the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s curatorial staff will serve as the contest’s judge. Only digital copies of the entries will be accepted. All submissions are due by 11:59 pm Friday, June 5, 2020*.
The contest will have a third, second, first, and overall grand prize winner. The grand champion, and first, second, and third prize winners will have their artwork displayed by the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
*Subject to change due to COVID-19
$5 submission fee per person for up to 3 photos. Once you’ve paid your submission fee, email firstname.lastname@example.org, you’ll receive a dropbox link to upload your images. All entries must have the following info completed in the email message to be accepted. Physical copies will not be accepted, please do not mail a physical copy to the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
- First and last name
- Address (street, city, state, postal code, country)
- Phone number
- E-mail address to notify winners
- Caption explaining your entry (exact location featured in entry photo, any natural features displayed in photo, when photo was taken, and please note any retouching or manipulation)
- Artwork must be an original nature or wildlife photograph. Nature can be found everywhere, both outside and inside, rural and urban environments.
- Photograph must be original, authentic, unpublished, taken or created by the entrant, the sole property and work of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest
- Any retouching or manipulation must be noted
WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?
The Peoria Riverfront Museum recommends following CDC and Peoria County Health Department guidelines when participating in this contest. Current guidelines permit outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking, running, or biking, and going to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, except for playgrounds.
When outside, stay at least 6-ft away from others and practice good hygiene, covering coughs and sneezes, washing your hands or using hand sanitizer.
The grand champion, first, second, and third prize winners will win two tickets to be used at any educational film shown in the Giant Screen Theater. The grand champion will also receive a copy of Wildlife and Nature Photographer, Thomas Mangelsen’s book, first place a $15 Museum Store gift card, and second place a $10 Museum Store gift card. All contest entries will be posted on the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Facebook page. Limit one entry per person.
ART CONTEST RULES
- Contest Eligibility: All contestants must reside in Illinois. Contestants can be any age to participate in this contest. Employees of Peoria Riverfront Museum and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, and child.
- Contest Entry Closing Date: The contest entry closing date and date all submissions are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, June 5, 2020. Date is subject to change due to current health crisis.
- Selection of Winners: Judging will take place by one or more members of the museum’s curatorial staff, two weeks following the close of the contest. One entry will be selected for first place, second place, and third place, and a grand champion for a total of 4 winners. The names on these entries will be declared the winners. The winners will be contacted via email at the email address that was used to submit the photo or an email address provided by the entrant. Winners will be announced on the museum’s Facebook page.
- Probability of Winning: The probability of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline in accordance with these rules.
- No Substitutions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
- Decisions Final: All decisions made by the Peoria Riverfront Museum (PRM) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by PRM without notice. PRM expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and PRM.
- No Liability: PRM and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prize awarded in this contest or the entry by contestant herein. Winning entries will be hung in the museum, and such necessary hanging implements will be attached to the winning entries.
- Lost Entries: PRM is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
- Consent to Use: By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and email address by PRM for the explicit purpose of expanding the PRM database of customers or potential customers. Entrants may receive the following from PRM employees or representatives via email: specials, promotional offers, or other advertising material.
- Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by Peoria County, Illinois, court applying Illinois law. Void where prohibited.
- Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by PRM for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth in these contest rules.